Fall Semester 2018: Bright Lights Troupe
Have you ever seen a creative spark of energy in your child? Does your kid have a dramatic flare? A.J. and Jacob Valle, Bright Lights' Performing Arts Directors, invite YOUR KID to join our fall 2018 Troupe program! We will be developing our singing, acting, and dancing skills through:
- Theatrical performance
- Improvisation techniques
- Group dance numbers
- Solos and monologues
This program engages students so that both the first-time actor and the experienced actor leave feeling more confident, bold, and ready to present to an audience in a wide variety of venues. The overall large group class will be broken into small groups, based on age, to provide more opportunity for the individual. Teachers will focus on movement and dance ability, picking up choreography, vocal technique, music fundamentals, script analysis, motivated scene work and other performance skills.
- Age Range: Students in Grades K - 12
- Time: Mondays 4:30 - 8:00 p.m.
- Dates: September 10 - December 17, 2018
- Performance/Showcase Night: Monday, December 17, 2018
- Location: New Springs Community Church, 1800 NE Independence Ave, Lee's Summit, MO 64086 (Right off Missouri Rd. and Independence Ave)
- Cost: $250 - This cost covers 15 weeks of instructional classes, 3.5 hours each Monday night. We also have multi-child discounts for families. See our sign up page for details.
At the end of the semester, your child will leave the semester with increased confidence and improved ability to:
- Present confidently to a live audience
- Tell a captivating story using a variety of styles
- Work with a team to put on a great performance
- Guide others through problem-solving activities
- Communicate a persuasive idea
- Prepare for future auditions and performance
- And so much more!
Classes will give students opportunities to rehearse entire musical numbers with song and dance, as well as practice two-person scenes. The program will end with a showcase celebrating the growth of the students and their new abilities. As always, Bright Lights will be led with an emphasis on empathy. With every chance available, students will be shown the creative, collaborative and kind approach to problem solving and exploration. The youth will truly be valued and cared for.
Have additional questions? Check out the FAQ page for our Fall Troupe.